Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Daegu Art Museum- A dream I dreamed...

My co-teacher Hyuni mentioned to me quite a long time ago that there was a great exhibition at the moment at the Daegu Art Museum by the Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama. Kusama is quite well known around the world and has had exhibitions in many of the big art museums. 
It was difficult to find a weekend that we were free so that we could go, but Sunday got put on my calendar awhile ago. Sunday was such a beautiful day and apparently many people were finding the weather attractive to get out in. The museum was very busy and had many children. This is because the exhibition (A dream I dreamed) is all polka dots. And not only that, but there are many installations that kids are able to participate in, which I find really cool. Well, in a normal situation, I would find that really cool. When I had to share such a cool exhibition with so many people and kids...it wasn't that great!

My co-teacher Hyuni :)



 Everything that Yayoi Kusama displayed had dots involved. One of the rooms that were great for kids, was a white room where they gave you stickers and you could put them anywhere! The kids loved being a part of the artwork!....and so did the adults! :)


"a polka-dot has the form of the sun, which is a symbol of the energy of the whole world and our living life, and also the form of the moon, which is calm. Round, soft, colorful, senseless and unknowing. Polka-dots become movement... Polka dots are a way to infinity."
- Yayoi Kusama





No comments:

Post a Comment